Cops piece together chilling details of tragedy (Jessica Fargen, Boston Herald)
- Luke knocks on the door at 103 Clinton St. at 12:20 p.m., armed with a 9 mm gun and a backpack containing a hammer, two pairs of handcuffs, a mouth gag and blindfold. He is allegedly intent on killing 20-year-old Selma Goncalves, his former neighbor.
- Selma’s older sister answers the door. Luke allegedly pulls the 9 mm from his sweatshirt pocket and forces his way inside. He handcuffs the woman and allegedly rapes her for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Selma returns home and bangs on the door.
- Luke gets dressed, grabs his gun and answers the door. He tries to pull Selma inside, but she resists and runs away.
- He allegedly shoots her several times in the back as she flees.
- Selma’s sister is kneeling on the floor, holding a large, stuffed white teddy bear. Luke allegedly fires several times and bullets rip through the teddy bear and into the woman’s chest.
- Selma runs outside and collapses.
- Luke retreats to his black van, parked outside, and reloads.
- He leans out the window and allegedly fires three to four shots at a “non-white” man who is tending to Selma before he speeds off.
- Luke sees a 72-year-old homeless man pushing a carriage on Clinton Street and pulls over. He walks up to the man and allegedly shoots him point-blank in the face as the man holds up his hand to protect himself. He allegedly shoots the man again in the back as he flees.
- Luke continues to drive down the street, allegedly looking for other non-whites to kill as a police chase ensues. He allegedly shoots at two police officers before crashing into several cars. He flees on foot.
- He tries to cock the gun as he runs before lying down on East Ashland Street and surrendering.
Photo series - BostonHerald
Video: Murder Scene 1 - 1/23/09
Video: Capture Scene - 1/23/09
Video of DA Timonthy Cruz' press conference 1/23/09
Video: Arraignment - 1/24/09
Brockton woman killed by gunman remembered for warmth, sense of humor
Cape Verdean mother of shooting victim to attend funeral
Slain man, 72, 'never bothered a soul'
Cops piece together chilling details of tragedy
‘I can still see her dancing’ says friend of Brockton victim
Suspect in Brockton slayings intent on carnage, police say
Prosecutor: Brockton suspect planned ‘mass murder’
Keith Luke Tried to Save the White Race
Accused Gunman Targeted 'Non-Whites,' Jews In Spree
Accused killer's father threatens cops, committed for treatment
City leaders decry hate crime at Brockton peace rally
Video: Brockton's Rabbi Joshua Cohen Speaks Out Against Hate